My unknown bacteria is Staphylococcus Aureus because
Its Gram positive rod in clusters
Do more research about it IMPORTANT
1. Colony morphology on TSA plate
2. Broth turbidity result is slightly turbid.
3. Slant growth result is Echinulate, color creamy.
4. Simple stain result is
5. Gram stain result is positive purple, cocci in clusters.
6. Endospore test result is negative.
7. Media Results
-EMB No growth
-PEA good growth
-MSA No growth color yellow
-BA slightly growth white color ( alpha hemolytic)
8. Physical requirements for growth
– BHI agar result Facultative Anaerobe
– Aerobic/ Anaerobic plate result is growth in both plates.
– Temperature TSB tube result
– 0C no growth
– 25C/ room temperature Good growth
– 37C Good growth
– 55 C slightly growth
9. Exoenzyme test
Gelatinase- no growth not liquefaction
Glucose- acid test positive yellow media
Glucose-gas test durham bubble no growth
Lactose acid- positive yellow media
Lactose gas- durham no growth
Fructose acid positive yellow media
Fructose gas no bubbles
OSMOTIC PRESSURE TEST
TSA WITH 0% Nacl- good growth
TSA + 6.5% Nacl- slightly growth with sediment
TSA+ 10% Nacl- slightly growth with sediment