there are 3 assignments that are related together , the first one is creating website , 2nd just the draft and 3rd has to be completed.
1) first assignment,, introduction to creating your own web site using modern tools. This does not require programming. You need about the same technical ability as creating a PowerPoint. You can use any website building tool you wish. Two examples of website building tools that other students have successfully include Wix.com and Weebly.com
Here is a step-by-step guide:
1) Select one of these or any web site building tools.
2) Create your own url web site address.
3) Add a few words and one picture/image. At this point, you can just say “Hi mom!” or whatever you want (as long as it is “G” rated and grammatically correct). You will develop wonderful rich content starting next week.
4) Optional – Go into tools and remove your site from search engines so someone would need to know your specific web site address and type in specific characters such as” http://linda.htm310website.weekbly.com This protects the privacy of your work without requiring passwords for someone to view your site.
5) Publish and test your url. It is wise to try it out in a separate browser than you created it to verify it works.
6) Place your url in BB under the Week One project assignment
7) Congratulate yourself and celebrate! (especially if this is your first site)
Example – Building a web site using Wix.com
2) Course Project Draft – Assignment
Health Informatics is a rapidly evolving field with a wealth of rich, current, credible and helpful resources on the Internet and accessible via mobile health apps. So, have fun some fun with this assignment browsing and learning about health informatics-enabled resources. Then, select several web sites and develop a review of what you find helpful content in each selected site. Include a blending of government, non-profit, for profit, educational, and consumer-driven sites to provide a rich diversity of perspectives. Additionally, you are welcome to include reviews of mobile heath apps.
Target your Course Project web site to be a reference for a specific audience and include a brief introduction. For example, you may focus this as a guide for:
– Fellow public health, health administration or nursing students,
– Professional groups such as for nurses, healthcare administrators, physicians, etc., or
– Health care consumer or someone working somewhere in the healthcare ecosystem.
– Specific groups of consumers (kids, seniors) or people with a specific health condition (diabetes, heart condition)
he following are examples of previous student course projects:
Example project more nursing focused: Health Informatics For Nurses
Example project more health promotion/public health focused: A Breath of Fresh Air:Tech Resources for People Living with Asthma
Additional Potential Project Resources
Possible resources you could incorporate and reference in your project:
Government/Regulatory Agency for Healthcare Quality and Research, (AHRQ) and more specifically for Health IT Human Resource and Service Administration (HRSA) Office of Health Information Technology Institute of Medicine National library of Medicine
Associations American Academy of Family Physicians – Center for Healthcare Information Technology from American Academy of Family Practice American Medical Informatics Association American Nursing Informatics Associationw American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) Center for Health Information Management Executives Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) HIMSS Davies Award of EHR Excellencew
Journals Healthcare Informatics Journal Health Data Management Journal IHealthbeat from California Health Care Foundation
Standards/Connectivity Standards Committee Heath Level 7
Telemedicine American Telemedicine Association
Mobile health mobihealthnews
Commercial – Example Health Information Technology Vendors not intended to be all inclusive Allscripts Epic Cerner GE Meditech
References Epocrates MD Consult UpToDate
Blogs/Social Networking Sites Life as a Healthcare CIO, John Halamka, MD The Healthcare Blog Physician Collaboration
Consumer/Patient Education Sites Children’s Health Mayo Clinic Patients Like Me Microsoft Health Vault My Health-e-Vet WebMD
3) Its just the attachment ( HTM 310 Course Project Website 4) and at this point the website has to be done. There are good examples for this project.